Department of Communication is a new department created within the ministry of Finance and Planning to oversee and implement media and information related activities of the ministry.
The activities of this department would be to coordinate and execute the action plans of the Media, PR, IT and Protocol who are tasked with handling all the internal and external communications of the ministry.
To set a smooth line of communication within the ministry and with the outside institutions
To guide and streamline the in-flow and out-flows of all the information and formal communications of the ministry of finance and planning
Fair and Accuracy in reporting
Timely and relevant
Detailed and in-depth coverage
- • Ensures the right and correct information is communicated/ delivered to the public.
• Coordinate and organize interviews, press releases, and media statements and invite journalists for press conferences on request of the minister/ ministry.
• Ensures the ministry’s website, social media platforms and newsletters are updated on timely basis.
• Observe and collect information disseminated by third party about the ministry.
• Formulates strategies to respond and counter fake news and negative propaganda waged against the minister/ ministry.
• Represent the ministry in media related workshops, seminars and conferences when/ where delegated by the minister/ ministry.