Directorate of Internal Audit and Inspection was established during Southern Sudan Supreme Council in 1972. The Directorate has been playing a crucial role in public Financial management to ensure that resources are used to the satisfaction of the people.
To become a valued and preferred advisor through building trust, fostering transparency, building awareness, and promoting accountability through assurance and consulting services.
To provide independent, objective assurance, and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the operations of Government Institutions through delivery of a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes to help government Institutions accomplish its objectives.
Commitment to Quality.
The overall objective of Internal Audit is to provide reasonable assurance to management of the entity regarding the governance, Risk management and control processes to provide independent and objective advice and counsel to management to assist them in achieving organizational goals or objectives.
- Formulating and disseminating internal audit policies, action plan, guidelines, etc.;
- Ensuring capacity building for internal auditors and audit committees;
- Providing guidance and supervising internal auditors in MDAs.
- Initiating preventive and corrective measures to improve quality of public financial management;
- Providing consulting services to management on internal
- controls, risk management and corporate governance;
- Monitoring implementation of the audit recommendations and preparing quarterly reports;
- Preparing quarterly consolidated internal audit report for all government entities to the Minister of Finance and Planning and Undersecretary for Finance.