The Directorate of Sectoral Planning was established in 2006 and mandated to revise, formulate, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate development policies and Budget Sector Plans (BSPs) as well as coordinating Budget Sector Working Group (BSWs), coordinate strategic development plans with the State governments and Administrative Areas in South Sudan.
To formulate sound economic policies, develop and produce short term, medium- and long-term policy documents and frameworks, foster sustainable economic growth and development and carry monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs on ground. \
- Results Oriented.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness.
- Integrity and Transparency.
- To Oversee National Planning and Strategic Development initiatives for economic growth.
- Coordinate Budget Sector Working Group Meetings
- Conducts budget sector Planning workshops
- Formulate microeconomic and development policies,
- Facilitate national development planning processes,
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of national development plans in the Republic of South Sudan.
- Coordinates the planning and implementation of the sectoral policies, strategies, programmes and projects in a participatory manner with all the government spending agencies.