The Directorate is mandated to coordinate and prepare annual budget for Central Government and transfers to Sub-National Governments.
Excellence in economic Planning and efficient budget execution
To align budget plans with National Policy Framework and ensure prudent implementation of Public Financial management through effective and transparent budget execution.
- Fiscal discipline
- To coordinate and prepare annual budget for Central Government and transfers to Sub-National Governments.
- To draft budget ceiling for the cabinet
- To prepare quarterly Budget execution report
- To prepare budget cash limit for Spending agencies operation
- To estimate revenues for allocation purposes against the national budget plans
- To formulate tax and non-tax revenue policies that maximize domestic revenue generation, stimulate investment, promote growth and export completeness.