Directorate of Administration and Finance carries out the following functions in the Ministry:
1/Oversees the overall general administration of the Ministry
2/Provides needed support services to all the Directorates for the day to day smooth running of the Ministry
3/Prepares the Ministry Annual Budget in consultation with other Directorates and monitor its implementation
4/Oversees the appointment procedures of the Ministry staff
5/Preparation of procedures and plans for the management of staff of the Ministry and the improvement of their performance through capacity building
6/Supervision of Ministries disciplinary procedures
7/Coordinating Internal ministry security arrangements
8/ Supervision of ministries internal procurement process to see to it that it is in conformity with procurement Regulations
9/ The Director General of Admin & Finance is responsible for the chest/safe of the Ministry
10/ All in all the Directorate of Admin and Finance is the Key Directorate for the smooth running of daily activates in the Ministry as it provides the logistic services and conducive working environment to the staff of the Ministry.
11/ To carry out its duties effectively and efficiently, the Directorate is supported by the different departments as indicated in the attached organization structure of the Directorate.
- Safety and Conducive Environment for all
- Team work
- Oversee the general administration of the Ministry and to provide administrative support on other matters to all directorates.
- Co-ordinate administrative issues between various Directorates and department of the ministry.
- Monitor performance of the employees of the Ministry and to implement measures to improve their performance.
- Ensures that conduct of employees of the Ministry are in conformity with the code of conducts, rule and regulation set by the civil service Act so as to enforce the implementation of the disciplinary act.
- Oversee the preparation of Annual Budget of the Ministry and its implementation.
- Oversee the operation of the expenditure control and the Accounting Units of the directorates of the Ministry.
- Provides conducive working environment to the staff with good facilities